Saturday, September 01, 2012

25 weeks today

Nothing new to report. Our baby's heartbeat is still high, but has a few beats here and there that are normal. I start every morning with more digoxin, an EKG and a blood draw. The lab lost two of my draws, so I have had to have extras taken... very frustrating, but even more so since I absolutely hate blood.

Brady returned from IF yesterday and is staying in a nearby hotel. I was given an Ambien last night, so I was able to sleep through most of the night. it is nearly impossible to sleep here, so I was thankful that the doctors decided I could use a little help in that department.

I have also been issued compression boots, which squeeze my legs every fifteen seconds or so. They are incredibly annoying and are just another machine I have to disconnect from in order to go to the bathroom.

On the bright side, I have been given permission to go on a 10-15 minute walk a few times a day. I have to stay in the hospital and with Brady, but it's nice to see something outside of this room.

I haven't been very good at calling anyone and it's not that I don't want to talk. It just makes me a bit emotional and I'm trying really hard to avoid that for now. That, and there are always people coming in and out of this room to talk to me/run tests so it's hard to get more than a few moments alone. But thank you everyone for your kind words and thoughts. I feel incredibly grateful to have such wonderful people in my life :-)