Sunday, August 20, 2006

Tired

The big day is approaching and I'm just tired... tired of being pregnant, sleepy tired, mentally tired. I'm still working full-time, but am doing so from home (though I have been known to go into the office from time to time). Brady and I have been trying to keep ourselves busy. We visited Wessley in Patuxent River (Southern Maryland) last Friday, went to a picnic on Saturday, and met a friend for lunch on Sunday. We even made it to happy hour this Thursday. Friday, we stayed with friends in Virginia and Brady went golfing. It was great - a wonderful dinner (and breakfast the next morning) that I didn't have to make! Then we made the trip down to Lake Anna for a picnic for Brady's section at work. It was great to go swimming, but I'm feeling way too large to be out in public in a bathing suit :-( I can't wait to go back to (semi) normal. It's been hot and humid here, but I'm trying to keep as mobile as possible. It's just hard to go outside when it's miserably hot.

I'm getting a bit overwhelmed with the thought that I could go into labor at any time. It's really a strange feeling because this is going to be the real thing. No turning back now. I'm going to have to go through the pain and uncertainty of labor and in the end, I'll be bringing home a baby. Sometimes I'm scared, or at least a little nervous, but I think I'm taking it rather well. I know it's inevitable, so I may as well go into labor with the thought that I am perfectly capable and everything's going to be just fine. We'll see if the story changes once I'm actually in labor...

I feel a bit better knowing that we're ready to bring home a baby. The crib is next to the bed, Ella's clothes are all washed, and the carseat has been installed. Now if we only knew when she was going to show up...

No comments: