Friday, June 30, 2006

30-Week Update

I'm going to try to be better with updates as time is running short! I went for a follow-up ultrasound this morning to check my placenta, which was low-lying at my 20-week appointment. Well, 10 weeks later... the stupid thing still hasn't moved up. Though it is not covering the cervix (thank goodness!), it is only 2 cm away. I'll probably have to get another ultrasound in about 4 weeks and if it still hasn't moved, I will most likely deliver Ella via scheduled c-section. This was not exactly the news I was hoping for. But, there's still a chance everything will turn out normal. I go back to my doctor in a few weeks, so I'm sure there will be more to report at that time.

The good news is that Ella is healthy and active, weighing nearly 4 pounds. She's also measuring in a little ahead of schedule, so my due date has been moved up a bit to September 6. Not much of a difference, but I'll take good news any day - even in small portions. This pregnancy hasn't exactly been easy. But if it doesn't get you one way, it'll find another.

No comments: