Friday, February 24, 2006

Purge (sans binge)

WARNING: INFORMATION BELOW IS RATHER GROSS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Those of you closest to me know that this first trimester has been rather eventful. I started to become nauseous right away (in late December), which quickly turned into regular trips to the bathroom to rid myself of just about everything in my stomach. I absolutely hate throwing up. Needless to say, I was not pleased when it became obvious that this was going to be a common occurrence. After a month and a half of nausea, I'm getting used to it. Just for fun, I have estimated the number of times I have had the displeasure of emptying my system. I figure that I have gotten sick almost every day for the last 40 days. Most days, I only have to make the fateful trip once, but sometimes I have had to make as many as six trips in one day. For simplicity's sake, we'll say I got sick twice a day for a total of 80 trips to the bathroom. I'm not lucky enough to get it all out in one whopping heave, and therefore have to struggle anywhere from 5-10 times (again, a simplification). That means, since mid-January, I have had the displeasure of vomiting anywhere from 400-800 times. I'm pretty sure that has to be more than all of my 26 years and 10 months prior...

No comments: