As you've probably guessed, I haven't had this baby yet. But we have had yet another false alarm. On Monday, I had over six hours of contractions that were 2-3 minutes apart. Unfortunately, they never got painful, only uncomfortable. So I decided to stay home and they eventually went away. My plan is to only go to the hospital when I'm absolutely sure, as to minimize the amount of time I have to spend there. So unless I'm in a lot of pain, I'll most likely wait it out.
I went to another appointment this morning and I'm now 3 cm dilated/fully effaced. So things are progressing. But my doctor is leaving town this afternoon and won't return until Sunday evening. At least I got to talk to her this morning. This process is taking much longer than I anticipated and being away from home is very difficult. I haven't seen Ella in over two weeks, but at least we get to talk. She sent us the funniest letter this week, full of jokes with nonsensical punchlines. I'll definitely be saving that one :-)
Brady has been keeping me busy. We've been taking lots of walks in an effort to get things moving. Yesterday we walked a little too much, so I'm taking it easy today. While I am incredibly thankful that Rowan is full-term, the longer this drags on, the less likely it is that we'll be home before the end of the year. I can only hope that she responds to medication quickly and we can try to have a few normal days together at home before Brady has to go back to work.
Many thanks for everyone's emails/texts/calls. I promise to let everyone know the moment we pop out this baby :-)