Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Taking one for the team

I'm sure I've left you all in suspense since my last post...

We came home Friday afternoon and we're trying to get back into our normal routine. When we left, Rowan's heart function was continuing to improve, so the cardiologist didn't think it made any sense to just hang out in SLC. I have been given a prescription for digoxin, which makes me incredibly tired and nauseous. I was able to talk the Dr. into letting me take it only twice a day instead of 3x/day. I still feel crappy. I'm able to eat, but it's like reliving my first trimester, only I'm much larger. But I'm willing to puke more if it means keeping this baby healthy.

There's still the chance that Rowan's heart could go back into the fast rate, so we're having it monitored weekly. I went in for another check this morning and it was still within the normal range... but she still has an arrhythmia. I'm hoping that goes away so that she won't continue to be on medication after birth. We'll deal with that later. I have enough to worry about.

I go back in again next Tuesday for my regularly scheduled appointment with my midwife. I will be transferring to an OB within the same practice, as it makes my midwife feel more comfortable  (some could consider me high-risk.) But if everything continues as it is now, I should be able to have a full-term delivery. No c-section necessary... unless something else goes horribly wrong. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

I'm hoping my updates will be less frequent, as I really won't know anything else until next week. For now, no news is good news. And I have a pile of work to catch up on.

Thank you again for all of your support. It's been emotional.

No comments: