Friday, February 08, 2008

Turning 29... for the first time.




That's right folks, today is the big day—my first 29th birthday. Hard to believe that I'm this old ... and that I'll be turning 29 for many years to come. My day started at 3:30 this morning. Ella woke up as if the sun had already risen and she was missing out on breakfast. She was talking to be heard (LOUDLY!), so I went in her room and said, "Ella, don't you know it's the middle of the night?" To which she replied, "Ohhhhh." She didn't sleep all that much after that. I can tell you that missing out on sleep makes me feel really old. I had a pretty good day, considering...

I was treated to lunch at Adega Wine Cellars by Mara and Audrey (the most lovely 3-year-old you'll ever meet!). They have great eggplant fries. Sounds weird, but trust me, they are GOOOOD! Afterwards, I rushed home to take Brady to physical therapy. He is doing well, but physical therapy seems to be painful at this stage... maybe he just needs to take it easy (hint, hint Brady). Afterwards, Josh came over to watch Ella while we went to a quiet dinner at Nicaro in Silver Spring. Very good. Then, back home to eat some cake (yes, I did make my own birthday cake) next door with the Foleys. The kids had a good time blowing out the candles... and dipping their fingers in the frosting. It turned out to be a lovely day!

Thank you to everyone for the birthday wishes! I'm always amazed that people remember... :-) Hope you all have a great night!

No comments: