Monday, April 23, 2007

Letting Go


This weekend, I finally let go of nearly all of my school projects, dating back as far as 1998. I think that the only reason I kept them that long was that the process and labor involved in creating them was still too close. I didn't feel right just tossing away years of work. But I'm way past that now. I took photos of my best projects and said goodbye to the rest. It feels great! I still have a long way to go, but it's a start. Also included in the big purge were three garbage bags of clothes (Brady's and mine) that were donated to a local non-profit yesterday. Now our closet and dresser are much lighter and easy to navigate. I just hope we can keep it that way.

The point of all of this was to free ourselves of unnecessary clutter and make more room for Ella. But it made me realize that we really have way too much stuff. WAY, WAY, WAY TOO MUCH! I know that a lot of it comes from my "need" to be crafty and my fear of throwing anything away, lest I can't live without it once "it" is gone. But what am I really holding onto? And more importantly, why? I just need to remember to let it go and move on... and make space for my chubby little girl... to crawl (backwards) and roll and giggle and to continue to make our lives absolutely wonderful :-)

No comments: