Tuesday, April 11, 2006

If you're gonna spew, spew into this...

I HATE THROWING UP! WHEN IS IT GOING TO STOP????? I'm closing in on 19 weeks (almost half way there!) and still throwing up. I have been on prescription anti-nausea medication (Phenergan) for over three weeks... It seems to be helping - I only puke 2 or 3 times a week. Can you believe that? Why should that be normal? Two or three times a week? Can you imagine having to throw up every week for no apparent reason? Me neither... and yet I do, and have been for months (though at least it's no longer every day)! It's absolutely disgusting and I will never get used to it.

However, I do have to admit that it is my fault. As soon as I'm feeling fine for a few days, I have to go and say something like, "I haven't thrown up in three days. Maybe I am getting better." And then, the next morning... I'm back over the sink (or toilet) convulsing violently, forcing every drop of nastiness out of my system. And to top it all off, I then have to try to get ready for the day ahead when all I really want to do is go back to sleep. Then I ask myself, "Why did I have to say something? Why did I have to get comfortable and think everything was going to be normal?" This should serve as a reminder not to make the same mistake again, but I always do... and I end up right where I started.

No comments: