It's 2am and I'm currently listening to Rowan scream as two nurses are applying ice to her face for a third time, in hope of getting her heart rate back to normal. Unfortunately, it isn't working. And now I'm waiting for a Dr. to show up to give her a shot of adenosine, as Rowan has been in SVT for nearly an hour.
Backtracking... we received a call on Thursday night that Rowan had gone into SVT for about 20 minutes, but was able to get herself back out of it. After talking to a cardiologist at Primary Children's, we decided to it was time to go back to the hospital. So we packed up and all headed back to SLC on Friday afternoon. Rowan was seen by a few cardiologists and everything was fine—she was still in a normal rate/rhythm. We were then admitted to the hospital, where we have been since about 6pm last night. I am staying with Rowan while Brady and Ella are with our friends—I'm sure it's much more comfortable for them...
The plan is to have Rowan on digoxin for three days and monitor her, and then try the flecainide, if necessary. These are the two drugs I was on for the last months of my pregnancy, so we're hoping that they will continue to work for her on the outside. It was great to have a perfect baby for ten days, so I have to be thankful for that. But it makes this feel even more awful.