Monday, March 10, 2008


Ella + Mama @ the receptionWaiting for the wedding to begin
Ridin' a trike @ Gabe, Mandy + Cori's
Ella + Daddy outside the church
Ell + Cori

Well, we made it back and am I happy to be home. The trip didn't start out all that well—we were rushing to make our flight, only to find out it was delayed at the last minute. We had a plane and flight attendants, but no pilots. They finally made it in... FOUR hours late. So, instead of flying out at 5:30 on Thursday, it was 9:30—and boy, was Ella tired. She was very good, considering and everyone in the terminal did their best to keep her entertained. Luckily, she slept the entire 4 1/2 hour flight. We arrived a little before midnight, waited forever to pick up our rental car and then drove 40 minutes to the hotel. On our way there, we got pulled over for speeding (Brady was driving...), but didn't get a ticket. It was well after 1:30 before we all got to sleep (3:30 DC time) and Ella was ready to go again at 6:30 am.

We had a great time just hanging out and managed to get invited to the rehearsal dinner. Oh, and for those of you who don't know (probably most of you)—the wedding was for Meredith, one of Brady's friends (they used to work together). Albuquerque was definitely interesting. I didn't get to see much of it, but it's always fun to experience different parts of the country and it was my first time visiting the Southwest. I didn't expect everything to fit into the stereotypical "Southwest" motif, but someone seems to have gone out of their way to perpetuate the aesthetic—in all of the buildings, houses, and especially the freeway overpasses (really).

On Saturday, Ella and I visited Gabe, Mandy and Cori who used to live in DC. I went to school with Gabe at the Corcoran and Ella is still enjoying many hand-me-downs from 3-year-old Cori. They had a good time playing together and Ella DID NOT want to leave... but we had to get ready for the wedding later that afternoon. The ceremony was held at the old San Ysidro church, which was very simple but quite beautiful. Afterwards, we made our way to the reception at the Chamisa Hills Country Club. The view was spectacular, as was the food and entertainment. Meredith is one of five siblings in a very musical family. His two younger brothers composed a hilarious song, which they played to an equally hilarious slide show (with some serious Photoshop action). Ella LOVED it and clapped throughout the performance. Then we had some yummy wedding cake (lemon poppyseed) and made our way back to the hotel for an EARLY flight. And now we're back... and I'm preparing for my brother and Lisa's arrival in only two hours! Should be a fun week!!!!!

For more New Mexico photos, go here >

No comments: