Sunday, June 10, 2007

Stinkin' Cute... a 9-month update

On Friday, I took Ella in for her 9-month checkup. Here's what I have to report:

Ella is weighing in at 19 lbs, 2 oz and is 27 inches long - pretty much average for a munchkin her age. She's very healthy all around and has been given the go ahead to eat almost anything we're willing to give her. So, I went out and bought some plain yogurt, tofu, fruits and veggies and we're giving them a try. So far, Ella loves the yogurt, as well as watermelon, bananas, cantaloupe and O's (like Cheerios, but organic). She seems to like anything we give her. The only problem is that changing her diaper has become much more of an olfactory experience. Is it too young to start potty training? ;-)

One thing that I have failed to report in the past is that Ella has had (and still has) a heart murmur. Though all of the doctors have said it sounds innocent, we will have to get further tests if it's still there at her 12-month checkup. Hopefully it goes away!!!!!

As I am writing this, Brady is in Hawaii (probably asleep - it's 6 hours earlier there) on business and won't be returning until Monday the 18th. It's already difficult having him away. I have never been very fond of all of this work-imposed separation, but am thankful he's only away for a week and a half. It's not always fun trying to take care of an infant on one's own and I am looking forward to moving closer to family... who will hopefully be willing to take Ella for a few hours every once in a while. She is lovely, silly and amazing... but is a handful and even I need a break from time to time, especially now that she is incredibly mobile :-)

I hope this finds you all well. Have a wonderful week!

No comments: