Saturday, April 07, 2007

Lessons Learned


Lesson #1
Don't ever leave a 7-month-old unattended... especially one laying on a couch... even if you're only going across the room to throw away a nasty diaper. She will roll off, bump her head, and let out heartbreaking cries. Yes, this happened Thursday. It was traumatizing - for me, anyway. Ella was fine after about a minute of crying. All she has to show for it is a little scrape on the right side of her nose. No bruises. I guess we were lucky. The whole time (all 5 seconds of it) I was on my way to the garbage, I kept thinking, "She's going to roll off. She's going to roll off." She did.

Lesson #2
When Brady's gone, bad things happen. It's true. First the couch mishap and then Thursday night I got absolutely no sleep because I had a terrible fever and was achy all over. Ella was about the only thing that made my Friday bearable. I felt awful all day - headache, body aches, dizziness, etc. It was difficult taking care of her, but at least she kept me distracted. I ate lots of soup and dry toast and am happy to report that I'm feeling much better today. Still a bit of a headache, but after a full night's sleep (finally), I'm practically as good as new.

Lesson #3
Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line! This one is self-explanatory.

No comments: