Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Milestones

Last week, I turned 28... putting me one year closer to 30. That, coupled with just having a baby, is making me feel really old. On Saturday, we had some friends over to celebrate my 28th and Ella's 5 month birthdays. It was lots of fun and so many people showed up! Heidi made me a cake and it was excellent!!!! There were no leftovers. I felt like a little kid blowing out my candles and opening presents. Yay!

But even more importantly... I left Ella with her new nanny on Monday. Her name is Rennell and she is great. She's a nursing student at Howard University and will be babysitting for us on Mondays and Wednesdays. I can finally get some work done! And go to the gym! And clean out the fridge! And! And! And!

If only it were that easy. Monday was incredibly difficult for me. I didn't cry, but I felt like I was having a panic attack for the four hours I was away at work. I was an absolute wreck. I even (shamelessly) showed some clients a photo of Ella right before our meeting. Apparently I'm now that kind of mom. Oh, to be away from her just broke my heart. I could hardly sleep the night before and am getting a big knot in my stomach just thinking about it. It's better now than later, and it's much better for me than dropping little Ella off at daycare every day. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't survive that :-) At least she won't be starting school for a few more years...

No comments: