Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Busy Bee

This baby just doesn't want to come out. Yep, I'm still pregnant... but I'm going to the doctor this afternoon. And if I hear that I'm still 1cm/50%, I'll scream. I'm getting more and more uncomfortable, but am able to stay active - which is about the only thing keeping me sane.

On Friday, Brady and I enjoyed a nice dinner at a local restaurant in celebration of our 6th wedding anniversary. Then we picked up a few slices of cheesecake to bring home for dessert... along with our friend Josh, so that Brady would have someone to enjoy a bottle of wine with :-) I wasn't feeling too hot, so I went to bed early. I hate to be a party pooper, but I have a good excuse.

On Sunday, Brady and I drove down to Eastern Market and hung out for a while... looking at lots of stuff we just don't have room for - perhaps someday, when we have a bigger house. Then we went to the Smithsonian Portrait Gallery/American Art Museum for a few hours. It recently reopened after years of renovation - I highly recommend it. Afterwards, we met up with some friends for BOWLING. Yes, I actually bowled a few games... but poorly. And that isn't because I'm pregnant. I've just never really been big on bowling, but I'm starting to understand its appeal.

Yesterday, I was home alone and NOT WORKING!!!! So, I cleaned the house like never before. I cleaned bathrooms, organized drawers, vacuumed, mopped, purged, laundered, washed dishes, and even oiled all of our maple cabinets. I guess I wanted to keep busy. If this baby decides to stay in any longer, I'm sure no corner of the house will be spared.

Now you have all the news that's fit to print. Hopefully next time, I'll be writing to say that I'm about to start pushing.

2 comments:

jsc said...

whatthehell?!?! baby ella sure is a drama queen! come on out little one! we're all eager to welcome you!

Anonymous said...

Now she can come out without fear of interrupting golfing or your anniversary... maybe this means she's a very considerate baby!