Friday, August 04, 2006

Sin City

I'm all alone for the weekend :-(

Brady flew out last night to Las Vegas to join his family for the 90th Birthday celebration for his great aunt and uncle. I'm not sure how the city will be able to handle the entire Haynes family... Though I wish I could join them, I'm not too keen on Las Vegas. I've only been to the airport, but it was definitely the most sorry display of humanity I have ever witnessed. The terminal was dirty, full of smoke and I couldn't help but be annoyed by the incessant dinging of the thousands of gambling devices so conveniently placed for a weary traveler's amusement. It was just sad and I couldn't wait to get out of there.

I'm not much for gambling, prostitution, or perpetual drunkeness. And I can't stand Wayne Newton. Nope, nothing for me in Las Vegas. It's just a tidy package of debauchery and a waste of electricity. But if I were to ever go, this would be the weekend... at least I'd be with family.

Hope they're having fun!

No comments: