Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Dwindling Away

I just got back from yet another doctor's appointment. I am still 1 cm dilated/50% effaced. All that contracting and nothing to show for it... except that I have lost 3 pounds in the last 5 days, for a total of 3.5 for the last two weeks. I assure you I have been eating. In fact, I feel like I'm hungry all the time - even though I'm constantly snacking and drinking lots of water. The problem is that it all goes straight through me. You get the picture.

Little Ella, on the other hand, is getting fat. There's just no more room for her in there. The dr. estimated that she'll be about 7 1/2 - 8 pounds when she comes out. YIKES! I was getting used to the idea of her being small. But... I'll just have to look at the bright side - the heavier she is, the more weight I'll lose right away :-)

I'm supposed to go back in next week, but there isn't a single appointment available - even for women who are close to popping!!! So, I have to call back in a few days and try again. I'm really hoping that Ella will decide to grace us with her presence before then.

No comments: