Friday, July 14, 2006

Muppets!


While my brother was in town last week, we went to the American History Museum where there was an exhibit of Jim Henson's creations. Though there wasn't much on display, it brought me back to my childhood and all the fun shows I used to watch. The picture above is from Emmett Otter's Jug-Band Christmas. Anyone remember that? I'm sure my parents remember watching it over and over. There was also a scary creature from the Dark Crystal, which I only vaguely remember - but definitely want to see again. I was slightly disappointed that there were no Fraggles - my FAVORITE show (did you know they're making a movie?).

I was telling Brady about the exhibit this morning... and he hasn't seen any of the shows! So, since everything is now on DVD, we're going to be making some purchases so our little one can enjoy some old school entertainment... and I can relive my childhood. I have a feeling the shows won't be as good as I remember them... but anything's better than Teletubbies and Barney :-)

No comments: