Wednesday, July 26, 2006

A Fond Farewell

This week, I had to cancel my membership to the YMCA. Though it doesn't actually run out until August 14, I'm still sad. The Y has been very, very good to me. I went in this morning before work and rode the stationary bike and then shot some baskets. I got lots of strange looks. Ever seen an 8-month pregnant woman shooting a jump shot? Me neither. I had a wonderful time, as I haven't actually been going much for the last few months. That whole pre-term labor thing kinda threw me off. Instead, I was walking and doing yoga. But really, I belong in a gym. It makes me feel like I'm actually doing something. And no, none of you should worry. I'm taking it easy. I definitely can't run a 7-minute mile at this point... and I really don't want to. I'm doing just enough to qualify for exercise and then I'm on my way...

I'm not sure what will happen after the little one is born. Brady and I will probably take Ella for walks and such, but it's really not the same. We're still planning on joining a coed basketball league in the winter... but I have no idea how I'm going to get back into shape before then. I guess I'm just wishing for a nanny and a personal trainer :-)

So long, YMCA. I hope to see you soon.

No comments: