Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Mom's Day


I enjoyed my first Mother's Day on Sunday. We had a wonderful weekend - beautiful weather on Saturday. We packed a picnic lunch and headed out to Sligo Park, where we played Yahtzee and backgammon for a few hours. I was no competition for Brady... trounced on all accounts. Then I napped on the couch for a while... I should do that more often. At night, we went to our friend Ioana's house for a little party. It was great to see her - it's been such a long time! I really must make more of an effort to keep up with old friends.


Sunday morning, we went to the farmer's market (like always) - they have such great food there. Then we made brunch: roasted potatoes, mushroom omelet (yes, I am eating eggs again), english muffin, fresh pineapple... and bacon for Brady. Afterwards, we played Scrabble and once again, I was very badly beaten (though we have played thrice since then and I have won 2/3 times... barely). I was in the baking mood (as I seem to be on Sundays), so I made a strawberry rhubarb tart and some pasta salad - why is it that my days revolve around food?


Brady gave me some beautiful roses (pictured) and I am so incredibly thankful to have spent a quiet weekend with him. All in all, it was a wonderful Mother's Day - one I will always remember.

No comments: